We Are looking for Operations / Business Administrator
- Information & Communication Technology
- Business/Systems Analysts
- Base Salary $75,000 – $90,000 Depending on experience.
- Plus 10% Super
- Autonomous position
- Full Time
A fantastic opportunity exists for a multi-talented administrator looking for the autonomy to make decisions daily, impacting the business. The company is Australia’s leading online and offline school diaries, manufacturer. The company’s mission is to create incredible diary designs that encourage students to view life positively, manage their time effectively and use their talents for the greater good.
At times, the role will entail jumping into roles when they are vacant to maintain production timeframes.
The role is suited to a person who has an open mind and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and jump in to help. You might need to manage various marketing campaigns, write a formula to fix an issue with the CRM, deal with an underperforming worker and answer the phone to a current client.
The company is located in Mooloolaba and has an aspiration to move partway to Noosa in the near future.
- A stable company that was established in 2000.
- There is no red tape.
- You can initiate and see quick changes.
- You can have a very real impact on the business.
- Working for Australia’s best student diary that has an impact on 5 million students spanning,
- 20 years.
- A company that values high quality expects hard work and wants to make a difference in student’s lives.
- The role is highly autonomous.
- The role has many different facets. You need to roll up your sleeve and identify the issue or the next project, outstanding item and get to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking care of the day-to-day fires of running the business
- Adding value to everything you do. We do not expect you to shuffle the papers; we expect you to improve upon everything you undertake, so it is handed over as more improved, more cost-efficient, greater profit and secured for a longer term.
- Answering with: “This is what has happened, this is what I have done to correct it, this is what I have done to prevent it occurring in the future and here’s where I have documented it.”
- To have autonomously dealt with 100% of their duties, responsibilities, and the resulting contingency actions.
- The employees are 100% satisfied with the harmonious and collaborative manner in which work is undertaken, delegated, and communicated.
Allocation of time
- 5% of the time will be reporting to the business owner on the progress of your projects and the performance of the staff.
- 5% of the time, you will address HR issues.
- 60% of the time, you will be managing projects that will involve many different and varied tasks you need to do yourself. This is a very hands-on business, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and do the work. You will also be required to monitor projects that other staff play key roles in, so you will need to manage these team players and ensure they meet deadlines and quality.
- It is essential you have advanced excel formula skills and understand basic programming and database concepts. 20% of the time will be spent correcting the system or formula built within the CRM model. You will then need to update the training manuals and how-to guides, so this improvement is documented.
First 3 months
- Ensure all diaries have been submitted to print within the deadline.
- Identify a minimum of 12 areas for improvement to deliver better business efficiencies in this role.
- Update and improve upon the current training manual.
- Update and improve upon the current CRM system, which delivers the Designer Liaison process
- Understand the diary business and the MyDiary product range.
- Understand printing and the cycle of the business.
- Understand the role of Designer Liaison and be sufficient to undertake this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- IT expertise – either building websites or databases or customised CRM systems.
- Digital expertise understanding web 2.0 technologies.
- Managed a team for two years or more.
- Managed a team remotely for one or more years.
- Managing HR and business administrative duties.
- Managed creative projects for two years or more.
- Project managed projects from the beginning to the end.
- Dealt with difficult people frequently and resolved their issues.
- Owned or part-owned a small business and understand how difficult they are.
- Planned and coped successfully with the unexpected “Murphy’s law”.
- Strategically recovering from mishaps.
- Taking notes and being the key liaison officer with the business owner.
- Have taken a complex idea from concept to fruition.
- Persisted with a challenging situation where they did not have to stay for at least three years and achieved a significantly positive result.
Desired technical competencies
- Design qualifications – Vocational – Tertiary
- English language qualifications – Vocational – Tertiary
- Advanced IT skills
- Advanced web 2.0 digital
- Advanced time management skills
- Advanced Excel
- Advanced CRM experience
- Advanced Outlook
- Advanced Word
- Advanced Gantt / project management