CARPENTER – PILBARA (FIFO)
- $60.00 (Casual rate for Carpenters with over two years’ experience.)
- $49.68 (Casual rate for Carpenters with less than two years’ experience.)
- 2244 hours per year
- Superannuation 10%
- Two weeks on and one week off
About Geraldton Building Services and Cabinets
Our award-winning team of designers & builders understand everything about the construction industry in Geraldton.
We know Geraldton, the Pilbara and WA because we were born and raised here, and we are passionate about every new project we do.
We help with home renovations, commercial building, property maintenance, cabinet making and electrical solutions in Geraldton and surrounding areas.
Position location: Pilbara (FIFO)
About the opportunity
This role aims to fabricate high-quality cabinet and joinery items efficiently and safely and provide direction and mentoring to apprentices in performing these tasks.
- Level one Carpenters: They have a trade certificate and under two years’ experience.
- Level two Carpenters: They have a trade certificate and over two years’ experience.
As the Carpenter, we are looking for someone who will:
- Be happy to work on jobs in Wickham/Pilbara areas that may contain asbestos. (You will be provided with the necessary PPE gear and the masks will be fit tested by qualified personnel).
- Always present professionally and fit for work
- Ensure the non-conformances are raised for their own works
- Ensure jobs are completed per schedule and per direction from Supervisors
- Participate in operational, toolbox, and safety meetings
- Ensure positive client feedback is received
- Participate in the preparation of all SWMS
- Ensure No. of LTI’s or major incidents are recorded
To be successful you should have:
- Trade Certificate in Carpentry
- Construction Induction (White Card)
- A genuine understanding and interest in working within a small to medium proactive business environment
- An out-and-out team player (hero-maker rather than hero)
- Ability to maintain a healthy work life balance
- Can do and positive attitude
- Proficient in the English language
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move to a progressive, fast-growing company with a strong innovative culture. There is also a very strong opportunity for career progression.
Hear from the management about the company.