Senior Manager - Accounting & Tax
- Base Salary $150,000 Circa
- 10% Superannuation
- Bonus based on new business achieved and team productivity
- Three Year Equity pathway
- Flexible working options arrangements
- Career development plan and monthly coaching
The Fortuna Advisory Group is a multi -award winning privately-owned organisation that has been operating since 2011.
The Fortuna Advisory Group was born to create the joy that comes from seeing dreams become reality.
A conglomerate of professional service providers, we believe that financial understanding and security are often keys that enable this.
Our work brings people on a journey with us empowering businesses and individuals to reach their full potential, while positively
impacting the lives of business owners, their teams, customers, and society itself.
Our clients include ASX listed companies, award-winning franchises as well as local and international companies; other than small to large family owned business including primary production businesses like farming & fishing.
About the opportunity
As a key member of the management team, this newly created position, exists to facilitate the sustainable and ethical growth of the business
through the management of the Fortuna process for delivering client accounting and tax requirements.
We are offering the successful applicant an autonomous Leadership role, within a rapidly growing and well-established business, with offices in both Perth and Geraldton.
Location – Geraldton
As the Senior Manager, we are looking for someone who will:
- Nurture lasting business relationships with clients and contribute to the positive reputation of Fortuna in the business community
- Serve clients through a consultative approach, including gaining understanding of their business, their accounting and tax requirements and obligations, their corporate records obligations, and their management information needs
- Advise clients regarding their accounting, tax, management information, banking, and other business issues
- Ensure our clients become aware of our holistic approach to financial welfare
- Co-ordination of the work scheduling and process for the accounting and tax team, including monitoring of outsourcing of client work, to ensure compliance with Fortuna policies and procedures and the timely delivery of client outcomes
- Recording of personal productivity in the Fortuna business system to facilitate accurate client billing and monitoring of workflow effectiveness
- Contribute to the development, application, and documentation of effective procedures within the accounting and tax team that are compliant with professional standards and obligations
- Ensure we have accurate productivity information to facilitate accurate client billing and monitoring of workflow effectiveness
To be successful you will have:
- A Commerce or Business degree
- CA or CPA Qualified
- 10 years in Australian accounting industry and be able to handle clients and the dynamics of the role
- Advanced knowledge of accounting standards and complex business taxation issues, as supported by stakeholder feedback
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and achieve outcomes within them, as supported by work history and stakeholder feedback
- Effective nurturing of cross-functional relationships
- Effective negotiation skills
- High-level people performance leadership
- Effective team participation
- High-level inter-personal skills based on trust and openness
- Ability to develop and nurture long-term business relationships
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move to a progressive and fast growing multi-disciplinary firm, with established clients where they can progress their career to have an equity stake in the company.