JUNIOR STORE PERSON
- Base Salary: $50,000-60,000
- 10% Superannuation
- Forklift training provided
- Career development plan and training
- Some overtime available
Aries Rail provides design, engineering, and manufacturing solutions within the rail industry.
The Aries Hyrail brand has been synonymous with high-quality RRV (Road Rail Vehicles) or hyrail conversions for several decades.
For many years Aries Rail has shown continued growth as a specialist rail company, building on the well-established Aries Hyrail brand.
In 2019 Aries Rail purchased a newly built workshop and office facility in Victoria, allowing the company to carry out Hyrail equipment installations and support a growing customer base in the Melbourne and Sydney areas. Mobile service vehicles support hyrail vehicles around the country with regular on-site servicing carried out in most Australian states are territories.
In 2020 with the onset of Covid and the uncertainty surrounding it we created what has become a very successful RRV hire business stream so that we could become our own customer and smooth out the downturn.
In 2021 we also opened a workshop in Port Hedland and acquired another related business in Brisbane which now trades as GTB Aries.
The company’s engineering team have developed several innovative solutions including the first hyrail kit to be independently certified as being compatible with driver and passenger airbags, braking control systems, elevated work platforms, remote control handling solutions and more new designs are in progress.
The company’s engineering team have developed several innovative solutions including the first hyrail kit to be independently certified
as being compatible with driver and passenger airbags.
About the opportunity
As a key member of the Aries Rail team, this position is the first step in a career that has multiple career opportunities and the potential to travel and work in other States around Australia.
As the Junior Store Person, we are looking for someone who will:
- Receive all deliveries and ensure they are checked against the order forms.
- Ensure all deliveries are accurately recorded into the record-keeping system.
- Ensure all incoming goods are inspected for damage.
- Ensure all damaged goods are accurately recorded into the record-keeping system.
- Ensure deliveries are moved onto storage shelves or racks which correlate with the recorded stock location.
- Ensure drawings are accurately read and outbound packages contain all the parts detailed in the drawing.
- Book freight so the package is sent on or before the due date.
- Ensure all outbound packages are sent on or before the due date.
- Pick up a deliver goods as required in our light truck.
To be successful you will have:
- At least one year experience of successfully being a Junior Store Person or similar role.
- The commitment to go through our diligent selection process.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be able to read plans.
- A minimum C class drivers license.
- MYOB Advanced experience is an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move to a progressive, fast-growing company with a strong innovative engineering culture.
Hear from the management about the company and this role in these videos.