- Base Salary: $70,000
- 10% Superannuation
- Career development plan and monthly coaching
Aries Rail provides design, engineering, and manufacturing solutions within the rail industry.
The Aries Hyrail brand has been synonymous with high-quality hyrail conversions for several decades as previously manufactured by Trac-wesT Machinery.
For many years Aries Rail has shown continued growth as a specialist rail company, building on the well-established Aries Hyrail brand.
In 2019 Aries Rail purchased a newly built workshop and office facility in Victoria, allowing the company to carry out Hyrail equipment installations and support a growing customer base in the Melbourne and Sydney areas. Mobile service vehicles support hyrail vehicles around the country with regular on-site servicing carried out in most Australian states are territories.
The company’s engineering team have developed several innovative solutions including the first hyrail kit to be independently certified
as being compatible with driver and passenger airbags
About the opportunity
As a key member of the Aries Rail company, this position will be working with teams undertaking design testing, computer simulation, and engineering.
There is also an opportunity to visit and work in our facilities in Queensland and Victoria.
As the Purchasing Officer, we are looking for someone who will:
- Ensure all purchases are researched and competitive prices are negotiated.
- Ensure all contractual terms are researched and competitive terms are negotiated.
- Ensure all orders are tracked to ensure they are delivered on time.
- Ensure all receivables meet the agreed quality standards.
- Ensure all relevant data regarding orders, agreements and deliveries are entered into the customer relationship management system.
- Ensure stock levels are monitored and orders are placed to ensure there is no interruption to production.
- Ensure storage requirements are met by coordinating with the warehouse staff.
- Ensure there is a purchasing budget, and the budget is honoured.
- Ensure the logistics are coordinated with the warehouse team.
To be successful you will have:
- At least 3 years experience of successfully being a Purchasing Officer or similar role.
- The commitment to go through our diligent selection process.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be willing to undertake a Police Check.
- Be willing to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move to a progressive, fast-growing company with a strong innovative engineering culture.
Hear from the management about the company and this role in these videos.